Brunch is one of the greatest things. We just don’t enjoy all the wonderful breakfast foods enough, and brunch is the perfect opportunity to do so. When Jenny and I began planning a wedding shower for one of our close friends, I knew that serving brunch was the perfect menu option.
We served quiche, french toast casserole, fruit salad, mini fruit pizzas, pink mimosas and coffee. For dessert we enjoyed bundtinis from Nothing Bundt Cakes (so cute!). It was all delicious and easy to make for a crowd. Today I want to share with you one of my go to recipes for potlucks and brunch parties that I used for this shower – mini fruit pizzas.
One of my favorite things about mini fruit pizzas is their versatility based on the theme of your party. For this wedding shower we combined the bride’s color scheme of blush pink, burlap and lace with some Valentine’s fun. So of course our fruit pizza’s were heart shaped! Also, you can choose your fruit based on a color scheme or what is in season.
This recipe can be simplified when you are in a hurry or you can make everything from scratch. For the wedding shower, I bought premade sugar cookie dough and followed the instructions for baking. The cookies need to be cool before you can ice and decorate with fruit. I made a basic cream cheese icing using cream cheese (of course), butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. We cleaned and sliced strawberries, kiwi, mandarin oranges, blackberries and blueberries. Once the cookies have cooled use a knife to ice them and then decorate with an assortment of fruit.
The fun thing is you can make a variety of cookies using different fruit. Another option is to allow your guests to choose the fruit they prefer and decorate their own fruit pizza. I have also used nutella for icing instead of the cream cheese icing. However you choose to make them, mini fruit pizzas are always a hit! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have.
This is one of the many fun details from the wedding shower we hosted. Later this week we will post five of our favorite details – stay tuned friends!
Mini Fruit Pizzas
– Premade Sugar Cookie Dough (or make your favorite sugar cookie recipe)
– 1 package Cream Cheese
– ½ cup butter
– 2 cups powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Mandarin Oranges
1. Prepare Sugar Cookies following instructions on package
2. Roll out dough and use your favorite cookie cutter shape
3. Bake cookies and let them cool completely
4. In the meantime, mix cream cheese and butter using a mixer until soft and well blended
5. Slowly add powdered sugar and vanilla extract
6. Refrigerate icing while your cookies are cooling
7. Clean all fruit and slice your strawberries and kiwi
8. Once your cookies have cooled ice them with a knife (it’s ok to lick the knife once all the cookies have been iced – yum!)
9. Lastly, decorate the cookies with an assortment of fruit
10. Place on a platter and serve!
Follow us on Pinterest here to see more of our favorite recipes for brunch, parties and more!